COMPANION ANIMAL RETRIEVAL SYSTEM
Subcutaneous Injection Only - Dorsal midline between the animal's shoulder blades.
Provides positive, permanent identification for the life of the animal.
The HomeAgain Sterile Transponder Injection System consists of a sterile applicator with a preloaded sterile injectable transponder. By injecting the small sterile transponder into the subcutaneous tissue, one ensures that the animal can be identified for life electronically with its own unique 10-digit alphanumeric code.
The code is preprogrammed into the injectable transponder, which is preloaded into the needle of the applicator.
Transponders are passive devices, meaning that the transponder carries no battery and remains inactive except when it is being scanned.
Each transponder's unique identification number is encoded during the manufacturing process. Once the number is encoded, it is impossible to alter. The outer casing of the transponder is made rom soda lime glass which has been specially selected for known biocompatibility. During manufacture, this glass is hermetically sealed to prevent moisture from the host-animal's body fluids from reaching the electronics inside.
The transponder's electronic circuitry is energized by a low-power radio beam sent by a compatible reading device. The transponder sends the identification number as a radio signal back to the reader, which then encodes the number and displays it on a small screen similar to that on an electronic calculator. And, the transponder contains no batteries to replace.
BIOBONDTM Antimigration Cap: While glass is biochemically inert, it also is very smooth, which could allow the transponder to migrate in the animal's body. Therefore, the HomeAgain transponder has one end sheathed in a polypropylene shell. This coating offers a surface with which fibrous connective tissue begins to bond within 24 hours.
PRECAUTIONS: Apply the usual aseptic procedures prior to injection of the transponder.
Single-use material. Do not reuse the applicator. Destroy the applicator according to local regulations after use.
If not used when sterile package is opened, do not autoclave, as heat may damage internal circuitry. Alternatively, cold sterilization of the complete applicator system may be accomplished by soaking the applicator with preloaded transponder for 15 minutes in 2% chlorhexidine solution (3 oz/gal).
For use in dogs and cats of all ages.
Store the HomeAgain applicator system at room temperature.
ADMINISTRATION: - For use in puppies and in dogs. Also in cats 6 months and older. - Should be administered by or under the direction of a veterinarian. - Scan (with the reader) the sterile applicator in the package to confirm that the identification code of the transponder is the same as that shown in the packaged bar code label. Interference can occur from electric motors, personal computers, X-ray machines, etc.; thus, for best results, maintain a distance of at least 9 1/2 feet from these types of equipment when scanning. - Inject the transponder via the subcutaneous route according to the following schedule:
1. Fractious pets may need to be sedated prior to administration of transponder.
2. Scan microchip prior to injection to check identification number.
3. Locate the injection site. For dogs and cats, the site is the dorsal midline between the animal's shoulder blades (subcutaneous tissue).
4. Prepare the injection site as you would for any injection.
5. Just before you use the applicator, remove the protective cover from the needle. **Blue safety clamp on XS 15G product.
6. Using your thumb and index finger, pull some loose skin up at the injection site while pinching it lightly. Roll your index finger over your thumb to release some skin. Insert the needle subcutaneously below your thumb.
7. Push the white injection knob forward (toward the needle tip) to inject the transponder while withdrawing the needle slowly. If you observe bleeding, apply light pressure to the injection site with your finger. - Scan the animal to verify proper transponder functioning. Recheck the identification number.
8. Rough activity and/or brushing at the injection site nor recommended for 24 hours.