Click Horse Products
- The Solution To Hock Sores
- Lightweight and Comfortable
- Veterinarian Tested and Approved
Make sure the leg is straight and the hoof flat on the ground. Measure the smallest point just above the hock joint.
Regular Horse XL & Draft
33-41 cm 41-51 cm
Not to be used on horses in turn-out or on pasture or with Neoprene sensitivity.
Attaching Hock Shield:
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the leg is straight under and the hoof is flat on the ground.
- Put the side with the label on the outside of the leg.
- Bring the elastic strap around the inside of the leg to the outside.
- Pull the strap for a “snug” fit.
- Lock the top velcro flap down.
- Adjust the inside tab ONLY if outside tab is to long or to short.
You should be able to put two fingers between the horse’s leg and the band. DO NOT pull the Hock Shield to tight so as to restrict circulation or create pressure sores. It is better to go to loose than to tight. A little experimentation will find the perfect fit.
Because some medications can burn the skin when wrapped, consult a veterinarian when using medications under the Hock Shield.
Some horses may grow white hairs where the top fleece band rubs.