Just One Bite®* Bar
*Norway rats and house mice may consume a lethal dose in a single night’s feeding with first dead rodents appearing four or five days after feeding begins.
For Use In and Around Agricultural Buildings Only.
+Contains denatonium benzoate
- Kills rats and house mice
- Bar pieces fit in burrows, runways and hard-to-reach areas where rats and mice live and breed.
- The hole through the middle allows for mounting in bait stations.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its label.
READ THIS LABEL: READ THIS ENTIRE LABEL AND USE STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH USE DIRECTIONS, USE RESTRICTIONS, AND WITH APPLICABLE STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS. USE ONLY FOR THE SITES, PESTS, AND APPLICATION METHODS DESCRIBED ON THIS LABEL.
Do not expose children, pets or other non-target animals to rodenticides. To help prevent accidents:
- Store product not in use in a location out of reach of children and pets.
- Apply bait in locations out of reach of children, pets, domestic animals and non-target wildlife, or in tamper-resistant bait stations. These stations must be resistant to destruction by dogs and by children under six years of age, and must be used in a manner that prevents such children from reaching into bait compartments and obtaining bait. If bait can be shaken from stations when they are lifted, units must be secured or otherwise immobilized. Even stronger bait stations are needed in areas open to hoofed livestock, raccoons, bears or other potentially destructive animals, or in areas prone to vandalism.
- Dispose of product container, unused, spoiled and unconsumed bait as specified on this label. Note: Bait stations are mandatory for outdoor, above-ground use. Tamper-resistant bait stations must be used if children, pets, non-target mammals, or birds may access the bait
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons. For any requirement specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
For control only of Norway Rats, Roof Rats and House Mice in and around agricultural buildings only. Do not apply further than 50 feet from agricultural buildings. Do not use in homes or other human residences. Do not place near or inside ventilation duct openings. Do not contaminate water, food, feedstuffs, food or feed handling equipment, or milk or meat handling equipment or surfaces that come into direct contact with food. Do not broadcast bait.
Do not sell this product in individual containers holding less than 8 pounds of bait.
Selection of Treatment Areas:
Determine areas where rats and/or mice will most likely find and consume the bait. Generally, these are along walls, by gnawed openings, in or beside burrows, in corners and concealed places,
Between floors and walls, or in locations where rats and/or mice or their signs have been seen. Protect bait from rain and snow. Remove as much alternative food as possible.
Each Just One Bite® II bait bar weighs one pound and is scored to be broken into 2-oz pieces.
Rats: While wearing gloves, apply two to eight 2-oz pieces of bar (or one entire BAR) at each placement location in infested areas. For burrow applications, insert one to two 2-oz pieces of bar at least six inches into each active burrow. Check treated burrows each morning and evening to make sure that baits have not been pushed out of burrows. For above ground treatment, space bait placements 15 to 30 feet apart. Maintain an uninterrupted supply of fresh bait for 10 days or until fresh signs of rat activity cease to appear.
Mice: While wearing gloves, break bar into 2 oz pieces and apply one 2-oz bar piece per placement in infested area at 8 to 12 foot intervals in infested area. Maintain an uninterrupted supply of fresh bait for 15 days or until fresh signs of mouse activity cease to appear.
Follow-Up: Replace contaminated or spoiled bait immediately. Wearing gloves, collect and dispose of all dead animals and leftover bait properly. To prevent re-infestation, eliminate sources of rodent food, water and harborage as much as possible. If re-infestation does occur, repeat treatment. Where a continuous source of infestation is present, establish permanent bait stations and replenish bait as needed.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Harmful if swallowed. Keep away from children, domestic animals and pets. Causes moderate eye irritation. Do not get in eyes, or on clothing. All handlers (including applicators) must wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, shoes plus socks, and gloves. Any person who retrieves carcasses or unused bait following application of this product must wear gloves.
User Safety Requirements
Follow manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash hands thoroughly after applying bait and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet and change into clean clothing.
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES:
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
HOT LINE NUMBER:
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-234-2269 for emergency medical treatment information
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN
If swallowed, this material may reduce the clotting ability of the blood and cause bleeding. If ingested, administer Vitamin K1 intramuscularly or orally. Repeat as necessary based on monitoring of prothrombin times.
TREATMENT FOR PET POISONING
If animal eats bait. Call veterinarian or 1-800-234-2269 at once.
NOTE TO VETERINARIAN
Anticoagulant Bromadiolone: For animals ingesting bait and/or showing poisoning signs (bleeding or alleviated prothrombin times), give Vitamin K1. If needed, check prothrombin times every 3 days until values return to normal (up to 30 days). In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed.
This product is extremely toxic to mammals and birds. Dogs, cats and other predatory and scavenging mammals and birds might be poisoned if they feed upon animals that have eaten this bait. This pesticide is toxic to fish. Do not apply this product directly to water or areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Runoff also may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Store only in original container, in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Keep containers closed and away from other chemicals.
Dispose of wastes resulting from the use of this product in trash or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Dispose of empty container by placing in trash, at an approved waste disposal facility or by incineration.