Guidelines for Properly Applying Patriot and Commando Insecticide Ear Tags
- The presence of the hard plastic insert (retainer, clip, interlocking device, etc) is absolutely necessary for proper retention, due to the softness of the highly loaded matrix.
- The insert must be properly seated in the upright, circular collar of the tag. If it becomes dislodged during transportation/handling, replace the insert in the collar before putting the tag in the applicator.
- The hard plastic insert is designed with a collar or rim around the top and a slit on one side. The area of the collar above the slit is designed to break or crack when the stress of application exceeds the tolerances of the material. The retention of the tag is not affected by a break/crack to this area of the insert.
- The slot allows the expansion of the base of the insert as the button (rivet or stud) is forced through it.
- The point of the male button must be properly aligned with the hole in the tag for successful application.
BEFORE YOU APPLY THE TAG, PARTIALLY SQUEEZE THE TAGGER TOGETHER TO INSURE THE TIP OF THE STUD IS ALIGNED WITH HOLE IN THE TAG PANEL.
- Use only the Allflex Tagging System (Total Tagger or Retractomatic Tagger) to apply Patriot and Commando Tags.
- With the tag and button in position on the applicator, place the tag on the inner flat surface in the center of the ear (middle third of ear). Firmly squeeze the applicator and attach the tag.
- For ease of application, the tag can be placed at a right angle to the jaws of the applicator parallel to the ear with the end of the tag pointing parallel with the ear and away from the head.
AFTER THE TAG IS IN THE EAR, DO NOT PINCH THE TAG AND BUTTON TOGETHER. THIS COULD RESULT IN PRESSURE NECROSIS OF THE EAR TISSUE. TO CHECK APPLICATION, GENTLY PULL THE TAG - IT IS PROPERLY ATTACHED IF THE TAG DOES NOT SEPARATE FROM THE STUD.